This is where we will post news and information for members working directly for Surrey County Council.
Jane Armitage is our Branch Secretary.
Alan Clyne is our Convenor for Adult Social Care.
Sandy Gow is our Convenor for Children, Schools and Families.
This is our latest newsletter on SCC Pay & Reward negotiations: Pay Newsletter
This is our latest newsletter for staff working in adult social care: ASC Newsletter
Surrey Pay- Vote No
The Surrey Pay Ballot for 2017 is now open. UNISON Reps have voted unanimously to recommend a NO vote.
Read the full story here
ORBIS Updates and drop-in meetings:
An opportunity to meet up with other colleagues and your local UNSION reps to discuss all the changes that ORBIS may bring; including –
- Existing/proposed changes to your role and ways of working,
- existing/proposed changes to your team or department,
- discuss perceived challenges that you can see on the horizon once new ways of working are established,
- all fears or issues can be discussed with UNISON reps and colleagues and then we can take these forward to the ORBIS SMT for consideration and a response
these are additional drop-in sessions being held by Unison to support ORBIS colleagues who may be affected by change. There are currently restructures taking place in Property, Contact Centre and IT & Digital so these drop-ins are aimed at any affected staff in these areas but also open to staff in Orbis who may wish to access this support and ask any questions.
In the current economic climate and with the Orbis financial plan identifying a substantial need for savings, the list above isn’t exhaustive and other teams will need to be transformed to deliver new working teams across the three authorities soon. As the Greek philosopher Heraclitus said ‘The only constant is change’, very insightful and this was over 2000yrs ago!
UNISON would like to help you with this:
Dates and venues
- Wed 13th September – Fairmount G01 (12.30 - 14.30)
- Wed 11th October – County Hall G8 (12.30 – 14.30)