It is time to choose who speaks for you. Elections are being held for all seats on UNISON’s national executive council, the governing body of the union.
A ballot paper will be sent to every eligible member at their home address, together with information on the candidates. The ballot opens on 3 April 2017 and closes on 28 April 2017.
If you have not received your ballot paper by 11 April, please call 0800 0857 857. Lines open 6am to midnight, Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturday.
Surrey County UNISON Branch nominated the following candidates in this election.
We want to see a leadership which will:
- oppose further austerity/attacks on jobs and services
- resist further attacks on our pensions and terms and conditions
- defend our NHS from privatisation and closures of hospitals and services
- work to break the Tory 1% public sector pay cap - when MPs award themselves 11% increases
- fight racism and scapegoating of migrant workers
We nominated candidates who we feel will ensure our union punches its weight at national level and who will not leave members and branches to fight alone.
Regional South East seats (candidates pictured in order)
Jacqui Berry - SE Female Seat
Diana Leach - SE Female Seat
Dan Sartin - SE Male Seat
Kieran Grogan and Janet Bryan - National Community Seats
Sandy Nicoll and Katherine Owen - National Higher Education Seats
Paul Holmes, Jane Doolan and Andrea Egan - National Local Government Seats
Sonia Stewart, April Ashley and Hugo Pierre - National Black Members Seats
Josie Brunswick - National Young Members Seat
Roger Lewis and Pam Howard - National Disabled Members Seats